When you walk into a room full of people you don’t know, you may pull out your phone and avoid eye contact. If you’re at a contra dance, you might as well smile, because the odds are good that you’ll have do-see-doed with most of the room by the night’s end. Contra is a traditional community dance. It's social, done with both big groups and partners. Its modern followers in the Roaring Fork Valley see it as an antidote for an increasingly isolated world.
Nation & World
- Arizona Prison Denying Basic Hygiene Needs To Women, Say Inmates
- Same-Sex Penguin Couple Fosters An Egg In Sydney
- Meet The Internet Researchers Unmasking Russian Assassins
- Saudi Economic Summit Suffers Exodus Of Guests After Journalist's Disappearance
- Why MSF Had To Stop Offering Mental Health Care To Refugees In Nauru