When Gov. Jared Polis walked into the Stedman Elementary School auditorium behind a marching band on Tuesday afternoon, with dozens of supporters waving signs and cheering, the signing ceremony for the full-day kindergarten bill felt more like a pep rally. “Today, we celebrate the fact that this fall, kids from across our state will be able to go to free fullday kindergarten,” Polis said to loud cheers before he signed the bill.
Nation & World
- How Trump Breaks With Clinton And Nixon On Governing While Under Investigation
- The Philippines Is Fighting One Of The World's Worst Measles Outbreaks
- 3 Killed As Violent Tornadoes Cause 'Devastation' In Missouri
- As Employment Rises, African American Transplants Ride Jobs Wave To The South
- 'Thank God We're OK.' Migrants Tell Of Conditions In A Texas CBP Holding Facility