As more children are diagnosed with autism nationwide, one sector working to respond is the arts community. Here in the Roaring Fork Valley, Ascendigo Autism Services has partnered with the Carbondale Clay Center, Aspen Santa Fe Ballet and the Aspen Art Museum to provide workshops or special performances for kids with sensory disabilities. This is all the more important because of the isolation many of those living with autism experience.
Nation & World
- 'We're Fighting For Our Lives' — Patients Protest Sky-High Insulin Prices
- Exercise Wins: Fit Seniors Can Have Hearts That Look 30 Years Younger
- How 1 Company Pulls Carbon From The Air, Aiming To Avert A Climate Catastrophe
- The Russia Investigations: Maybe The End Is In Sight. Maybe It Isn't
- School Where Student With Autism Died Violated State Regulations, Officials Say