LAGUNA GRANDE, BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO — It’s mid-morning in the Sonoran desert and already the temperature is rising. Karen Schlatter suggests we find some shade, a relatively easy task at Laguna Grande, a restoration site along the Colorado River’s historic channel in Mexico. It’s managed by the Sonoran Institute, where Schlatter is associate director of the binational environmental group’s Colorado River Delta program.
Nation & World
- Yellow Vest Protesters Fueled By Anger Over Notre Dame Funds March In Paris
- Northern Ireland Police Arrest 2 Men In Shooting Death Of Journalist
- The Tell-All Book That Could Trump Them All: The Mueller Report
- Congress Considers Making College More Accessible To People In Prison
- Reach Out: Ways To Help A Loved One At Risk Of Suicide