Storms sweeping across the Rocky Mountains this winter have caused the highest avalanche danger since the ratings started in 1973. More than 3,000 avalanches already have taken place in Colorado alone, and they're unusually large. White River National Forest lies just outside of Aspen. Part of the forest is known as Highlands Ridge. Old 50-foot, 60-foot, 70-foot trees have been snapped like toothpicks. - Zachary Paris, property manager near Aspen, Colo. The valley below that ridge is now...
Nation & World
- North Korean Embassy Attack Suspects Fled To U.S., Spanish Court Says
- Kavanaugh Seems Conflicted On Partisan Gerrymandering At Supreme Court Arguments
- Bump Stock Ban Takes Effect As Gun Rights Groups Ask Supreme Court For Delay
- Purdue Pharma Agrees To $270 Million Opioid Settlement With Oklahoma
- Trump's National Emergency Stands As House Fails To Override Veto