When you walk into a room full of people you don’t know, you may pull out your phone and avoid eye contact. If you’re at a contra dance, you might as well smile, because the odds are good that you’ll have do-see-doed with most of the room by the night’s end. Contra is a traditional community dance. It's social, done with both big groups and partners. Its modern followers in the Roaring Fork Valley see it as an antidote for an increasingly isolated world.
Nation & World
- Turkey Releases U.S. Pastor After Two Years In Prison
- Goats And Sheep (Indirectly) Fight Fires In Heartwarming BBC Video
- GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter, Under Indictment, Launches False Attacks On Opponent
- Rate Of C-Sections Is Rising At An 'Alarming' Rate, Report Says
- 'You Look Perfect:' Princess Eugenie Of York Marries In Another Royal Wedding