An avalanche in the Castle Creek Valley killed a skier Monday. The man was staying at the Markley Hut up the Express Creek drainage with family and friends, according the the Pitkin County Sheriff's office. He and another skier were touring Green Mountain Monday morning when the avalanche occurred. An initial report from the Colorado Avalanche Information Center recorded the slide breaking two feet deep, 400 feet wide, and running 200 vertical feet. The buried skier was dug out by his skiing...
Nation & World
- Suicide Attackers Kill Dozens In Assault On Afghan Base
- 'Another Week Of Can-Kicking.' Theresa May Faces Wary Lawmakers On Brexit Deal
- Leading Journalist Flees Nicaragua, Citing 'Extreme Threats' From The Government
- These 3 Former Kansas Republicans Say They No Longer Felt At Home In The GOP
- Differing Narratives After Standoff Between Native American Man, High School Student