Aspen candidates turned in their first campaign finance filings this week. Skippy Mesirow outraised all other candidates with a reported $12,605 in donations. He lost in his first campaign for city council two years ago and has set himself up as the young candidate with fresh ideas, and his spending is in line with that. He has purchased campaign apps, software, a texting service and slew of facebook ads. His financial supporters include developers John Sarpa and Peter Fornell, as well as...
Nation & World
- Federal Watchdog Issues Scathing Report On Ed Department's Handling Of Student Loans
- Anger, Confusion Over Dwindling Refunds. Is Trump's Tax Plan To Blame?
- Despite Prevention Programs, Sexual Assaults Rise At Military Academies
- Denver Teachers Reach Tentative Deal To End Strike
- Congress Sprints To Pass Border Security Package With Trump's Support Unclear