When a mountain lion has been treed by hunting dogs, the animal looks distinctly catlike: powerful, annoyed and, yes, bored. Whit Whitaker and other winter sportsmen have hunted mountain lions in the Roaring Fork River valley for decades, but until this week, a small triangle of land above Aspen has been off-limits.
NPR's Nation & World
- Supreme Court Takes Up Birth-Control Conscience Case
- Indiana's Oldest State Worker Is Retiring At 102: 'I've Been A Pretty Lucky Guy'
- U.S. Says 11 Service Members Were Injured When Iran Attacked Iraqi Base
- FBI Seizes Website Suspected Of Selling Access To Billions Of Pieces Of Stolen Data
- 'Freed From The Secret': Rep. Ayanna Pressley Opens Up About Living With Alopecia