Listen Live

Chemical In Food Sends 4 At Glenwood Springs Qdoba To Hospital

Jan 5, 2020

Four people went to the hospital after eating contaminated food at a Qdoba restaurant in Glenwood Springs.
Credit Mr.TinDC via Creative Commons

Food contaminated with a chemical at a Colorado restaurant sent four people to a hospital. Hospital officials say the female customers of the Qdoba Mexican Grill in Glenwood Springs were treated and released Thursday.

Qdoba franchise owner Michael Scott says employee error caused a chemical to get into a food product. Scott did not specify the chemical but says the contamination happened during a shift change. The restaurant closed immediately and patrons were told to go the hospital.

Health officials say two people sought treatment at Valley View Hospital after eating white rice and two seeking medical care did not experience symptoms or eat white rice. The restaurant reopened Friday.