Aspen Public Radio has compiled the following list of local, state and national resources that are providing current, trustworthy coronavirus information.
Follow our updates for the most recent news information and instructions.
Información para hispanohablantes: Enfermedad del Coronavirus 2019 (COVID‑19)
Aspen to Parachute COVID-19 Community Hotline: 970-429-6186
- COVID-19 Case Summary
- Public Health Coronavirus Updates Page
- Public Health Facebook Page
- Coronavirus Symptom Tracker
- Emotional Check-In
- COVID-19 Case Summary
- Emergency Operations Blog
- COVID-19 Symptoms Self-Report
- Social Distancing Feelings Check-In
- COVID-19 Updates Page
State of Colorado
- Governor Jared Polis streams live updates on his Facebook page
- Latest coronavirus facts from CDPHE, including numbers of cases
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Coronavirus Hub
- CO-HELP hotline for general questions about coronavirus- 303-389-1687, 1-877-462-2911 or email COHELP@RMPDC.org
- Interpretation is available in many languages including English, Spanish (Español), Mandarin (普通话), and more.
National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Coronavirus FAQ and Information
Pitkin County Relief Aid
Pitkin County Human Services can help with Medicaid, SNAP, child care and other financial needs. To learn more how to apply to those programs, visit Colorado PEAK.
County officials said resources are also available through the state landlord and tenant relief program. Households with children in Aspen School District can contact Aspen Family Connections at 970-205-7025 and those with children in Roaring Fork School District can connect with the Roaring Fork Schools Family Resource Center at 970-384-9500.
Local Mental Health Resources:
- Mind Springs Health 'When Major Things Happen' resource section
- Resiliency tools and self-directed meditations available at Mind Springs Health's Youtube and Facebook pages
- Hope Center's Aspen Hopeline: 970-925-5858 and Eagle Hopeline: 970-306-4673
- Aspen Strong's directory of local mental health providers offering televideo services
- Colorado Crisis Services: 1-844-493-8255 or text TALK to 38225
Mid-Valley Corona Helpline
A group of 40 mid-valley volunteers is offering to pick-up and deliver food and prescriptions to at-risk residents and people who are sick and quarantining between Aspen and Glenwood Springs. Call the helpline at 970-230-1974.
For those who need food assistance, LIFT-UP Food Pantries can help.
Food Bank Of The Rockies Food Pantries
The Food Bank of the Rockies will continue to provide both food pantries and mobile food pantries for Roaring Fork Valley residents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ways To Donate To Aspen Valley Hospital
Aspen Valley Hospital is offering different ways community members can lend a hand during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Give a monetary donation to Aspen Valley Hospital's Emergency Fund online or by calling 970-544-1302 to help fund staffing, supplies, technology and equipment.
- Donate N95 masks in their original, factory-sealed packaging at AVH's loading dock any weekday between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Donate a hand-made mask by calling 970-544-1302
- Aspen Valley Hospital is not accepting food donations, though they have set up a "Feeding the Frontlines" fund to provide meals to hospital staff.
Ways To Donate To Valley View Hospital
Valley View Hospital is offering different ways community members can help during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Donate personal protective equipment, PEE, to healthcare providers by dropping off unused n95 masks, gloves, disposable gowns or surgical masks by driving up to the Calaway-Young Cancer Center entrance between 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Send a note thanking and encouraging Valley View staff on the frontlines by emailing email@example.com
- Make a monetary donation to Valley View's response fund to help the hospital fund any emerging needs related to COVID-19, like more PPE.
- Buy a lunch or dinner for Valley View caregivers by delivering food from local restaurants for over 45 people. For more information on delivering food, email John Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org