Members of the National Council of Aspen Public Radio share a common passion for public radio and all that it offers our community, the nation, and the world. In turn, the financial support of the National Council is crucial to Aspen Public Radio's continued relevance and public service.
Members of the National Council give an annual donation of at least $2,500 to Aspen Public Radio. Through their membership, these valued donors advance to a higher level of engagement with Aspen Public Radio, providing a more rewarding relationship for both the National Council members and the station.
As the Valley's leading NPR member station, Aspen Public Radio is committed to bringing the best public radio programming to the Roaring Fork and Colorado River Valleys. Through the ongoing involvement of our National Council, Aspen Public Radio will continue to expand what it offers to the community. The National Council safeguards our ability to accomplish this fundamental goal.
Benefits of National Council Membership
There are four levels of membership within the National Council (below). All members receive the following benefits:
- Invitations to special National Council events with prominent NPR journalists and personalities, as well as other engaging speakers, who share their knowledge and expertise.
- These enlightening, entertaining events occur twice a year and are hosted in private homes or local venues. Guest speakers have included Justice Stephen Breyer, NPR Foreign Correspondent Deborah Amos, NPR’s CEO Jarl Mohn and former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.
- Subscription to APR’s quarterly National Council e-newsletter.
- Invitation to private Board and National Council receptions at the station throughout the year.
- A meaningful connection to the station and our evolving needs and goals.
How to Join the National Council of Aspen Public Radio
Recommendation by the Aspen Public Radio Governance Committee along with an annual gift of $2,500 or more, or an Evergreen Membership starting at $208 per month, entitles you to National Council membership.
If you prefer to pay by check, please send your contribution to:
Aspen Public Radio
110 E. Hallam St., Suite 134
Aspen, CO 81611
For questions, please call (970) 920-9000 or e-mail Development Associate Lauri Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.