7:15 P.M. Evacuations from Coulter Creek in the Cottonwood Pass area have been ordered. Evacuees can go to the Glenwood Springs Community Center. Cottonwood Pass remains closed on both sides in Garfield and Eagle counties. 7 P.M. The Grizzly Creek Fire is now burning 3,200 acres on both the north and south sides of of the Colorado River in Glenwood Canyon near Mile Marker 32. Tomorrow at 6 a.m. the Rocky Mountain Type 2 Incident Management Blue Team will take over the fire response. Incident Command said that hot, dry and windy conditions have created extreme fire conditions. Residents of No Name and Lookout Mountain have been evacuated, and Bair Ranch is under pre-evacuation orders. Cottonwood Pass Road and I-70 remain closed with no estimate for reopening. The blaze is 0% contained.
NPR's Nation & World
- 'Teeth The Size Of Bananas'; New Study Paints Picture Of 'Terror Crocodiles'
- Payroll Tax Delay To Boost Take-Home Pay, But Don't Spend It Yet
- U.S. Puts Kodak Deal On Hold Amid Scrutiny Of Its Finances
- 5 Takeaways On The New Biden-Harris Presidential Ticket
- How The Coronavirus Has Upended College Admissions
- UPDATES: Roaring Fork Valley Coronavirus August 9-16
- Months Into Pandemic, Many In Pitkin County Still Need Financial Assistance
- UPDATES: Roaring Fork Valley Coronavirus: August 2-8, 2020
- How Do You Plan For A Ski Season In The Middle Of A Pandemic?
- UPDATES: Roaring Fork Valley Coronavirus: July 26-Aug 2, 2020