When Gov. Jared Polis walked into the Stedman Elementary School auditorium behind a marching band on Tuesday afternoon, with dozens of supporters waving signs and cheering, the signing ceremony for the full-day kindergarten bill felt more like a pep rally. “Today, we celebrate the fact that this fall, kids from across our state will be able to go to free fullday kindergarten,” Polis said to loud cheers before he signed the bill.
Nation & World
- American Man Achieves Dream By Reaching Mount Everest Summit, Then Dies
- Botswana Lifts Its Ban On Elephant Hunting
- Facebook Removed Nearly 3.4 Billion Fake Accounts In Last Six Months
- U.K. Votes For European Parliament, Even As Many Long For The Day Outside The EU
- Abortion Limits Carry Economic Cost For Women