Throughout the Aspen Public Radio pledge drives/campaigns and at other times during the year, Aspen Public Radio may hold giveaways and opportunities. Evergreen Members are automatically entered into all drawings. When you enter any drawings you will be added to the Aspen Public Radio mailing list. One entry per family allowed.
1. No pledge is necessary to enter. To enter into the early bird prize as well as the grand prize drawing without making a pledge, please mail in a postcard with your name, address and phone number to Aspen Public Radio, 110 E. Hallam St., Suite 134, Aspen, CO 81611. Aspen Public Radio will randomly draw a winner and five alternates from all entries for each specific contest. The drawings will be conducted immediately following the conclusion of each contest. The contest winner is not decided until the prize has been accepted.
2. Entries will only be accepted as announced on air, online or via email. Each drawing has a defined period of time for entry. For phone calls, entries are time-stamped with the time the call is answered by an Aspen Public Radio representative. For the website, the entry is time-stamped with the time the entry/ pledge page is loaded. For mail, entries will be time-stamped the day they are received at the station.
3. Prizes cannot be substituted for their fair market cash value. If winner declines the prize, no other prize will be offered.
4. Winners will be randomly drawn and notified by a station employee within 15 days of the end of the prize drawing period. Winning names may posted on this website and may or may not be announced on-air.
5. In the event a prize is refused or is unclaimed for five days, a new name will be drawn and the winner contacted. The process will be repeated until the prize is accepted.
6. Prizes valued at over $600 will be reported as taxable income, in accordance with IRS regulations. A signed W-9 form is required from all winners in order to redeem a prize within fifteen (15) days of accepting the prize. In the event a signed W-9 form is not received by Aspen Public Radio within fifteen (15) days of a winner accepting a prize, the winner will forfeit the prize. Aspen Public Radio reserves the right at any time to award the prize to another eligible entrant, drawn at random.
7. One winner per household.
8. Odds are determined by the number of entries. Multiple entries are void and only the first entry is counted.
9. Employees and volunteers of Aspen Public Radio and their families are ineligible.
10. Prize Drawings are void where prohibited.
11. One entry per household per prize drawing event. Automated or scripted entries will be disqualified and restrictions on access to aspenpublicradio.org may be invoked.
12. In cases in which prize drawing is donated, the winner may be subject to any special requirements by the donor of the prize, the prize is non-transferable, the donor’s employees and their immediate family are not eligible to win.
13. The winner agrees to participate in promotion of the event or gift won as a prize; including, but not limited to, the use of his or her name, photograph or likeness.
14. To be eligible for a travel prize, the winner must be 18 years or over.
15. Aspen Public Radio assumes no responsibility for any property loss, damage, or personal injury resulting from any prize won.
16. Results of the drawing are final--there are no substitutions or exchanges or cash redemption allowed. The names of the winners and a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained from Aspen Public Radio by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to Aspen Public Radio, 110 E. Hallam St., Suite 134, Aspen, CO 81611
17. Aspen Public Radio is not responsible for entries that are not received due to issues with internet, postal service and/or telephone access.
18. Prize drawings are open to legal residents of the United States only.
19. Prizes that involve travel must be taken during specified times and before the end of the calendar year unless otherwise stated.
20. In no event shall Aspen Public Radio be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its control, including strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes, etc.