Aspen Public Radio to highlight diverse thinkers, writers, artists, and leaders during live coverage of Aspen Ideas Festival
Aspen Public Radio will air select live and delayed broadcasts of sessions from the Aspen Ideas Festival, featuring discussions from some of the world's most inspiring leaders and thinkers. Coverage will be available on the station's live broadcast signals, 91.5FM and 88.9FM, and streaming on aspenpublicradio.org, beginning Thursday, June 23 and continuing through Friday, July 1.
The 2022 live broadcast schedule will include the following sessions:
- Thursday, June 23: 10:00am–10:50am MT | HHS Secretaries: Looking Ahead, Looking Back with Alan Weil, Donna Shalala, Alex Azar
- Friday, June 24: 12:30pm–01:20pm MT | Francis Collins: Moving American Science Forward with Walter Isaacson, Francis Collins
- Monday, June 27: 11:15am–12:00pm MT | Reimagining the Future of the Democratic Party with Michael Sandel, Michael Bennet
- Tuesday, June 28: 10:00am–10:45am MT | Stopping Hate with Jonathan Greenblatt, Eric Liu, Dana Coester, Manjusha Kulkarni
- Wednesday, June 29: 10:00am–10:45am MT | Can the Administration Get Us on a Path to Net Zero? with Gina McCarthy, Michael Regan, Justin Worland
- Wednesday, June 29: 12:30pm–01:15pm MT | What "Trust the Science" Really Means with Perri Peltz, Ashish Jha
- Thursday, June 30: 10:00am–10:45am MT | The National Geographic Society Presents: Exploring and Illuminating a Changing Planet with Jill Tiefenthaler, Ciril Jazbec, Malaika Vaz
- Thursday, June 30: 1:35pm–02:45pm MT | Taming Fire (Deep Dive) with Jared Polis, Don Hankins, Susan Prichard, Carlos Fernández
- Friday, July 1: 10:00am–10:45am MT | To Have or to Hold: NFTs and the Art World with Paula Crown, Simon Denny, Kate D. Levin, Nina del Rio, Nicola Lees
Additionally, Aspen Public Radio will air the following sessions as a special broadcast beginning at 8:00 p.m. each evening:
- Thursday, June 23 | Can Robots Combat Loneliness? with Arshia Khan
- Thursday, June 23 | Rochelle Walensky, CDC Director: Protecting the Public’s Health with Jon LaPook, Rochelle Walensky
- Friday, June 24 | Breaking News Session: The Impact of Roe v. Wade Overturned with Paula Johnson, Elizabeth Cohen, Linda Villarosa, Katie Keith, Steve Vladeck, Alina Salganicoff, and Ashley Kirzinger
- Friday, June 24 | CDC Foundation Presents: Feeling the Heat: The Climate and Health Challenge with Elizabeth Cohen, Leah Thomas, Rochelle Walensky, Marlene Wolfe
- Monday, June 27 | A Wrinkle in Time: On Beauty and Aging with Jessica Cruel, Paulina Porizkova, Christie Brinkley, Yasmin Warsame
- Monday, June 27 | Ideas in the Age of the Bioeconomy with Eric Schmidt, Gillian Tett, Walter Isaacson
- Tuesday, June 28 | Vlad the Embezzler: Why Putin Wants Me Dead with Walter Isaacson, Bill Browder
- Tuesday, June 28 | Is Our Ethos of the American Independent Spirit Hurting Us? with Elaine Pagels, Pico Iyer, Simran Singh
- Wednesday, June 29 | The Fog of War: How Do You Know What to Believe with Yuliya Tychkivska, Vivian Schiller, Chris Krebs, Christo Grozev
- Wednesday, June 29 | Reconnecting to the Arts–Reconnecting to Each Other with Oskar Eustis, Renée Fleming, Marin Alsop
- Thursday, June 30 | The Power of Sharing Our Stories with Azar Nafisi, Kiese Laymon
- Thursday, June 30 | Is the Weakest Branch Becoming the Most Dangerous? with Jeffrey Rosen, Neal Katyal, Melissa Murray, Sherif Girgis
- Friday, July 1 | Our "Uniquely Stupid" Decade with Jeffrey Goldberg, Jonathan Haidt
- Friday, July 1 | Reimagining our Monuments, Retelling Our Narratives with Paul Farber, Naima Murphy Salcido, James Merle Thomas
Review the complete schedule here: https://www.aspenideas.org/schedule. Individuals can also access the 2022 Aspen Ideas Festival through a digital pass, which gives access to a curated sample of the best in-person sessions and the opportunity to participate in live, virtual-only Q&A sessions with distinguished speakers. Learn more at https://aspenideas.digital/.
Thank you to Obermeyer Wood Investment Counsel for making Aspen Ideas Festival programming on Aspen Public Radio possible.
Please note: broadcast schedule is subject to change without notice.
Last updated: Tuesday, June 28, at 11:55am