Practices For Roaring Fork School District Athletes Begin Monday
Monday, the Roaring Fork School District begins a three-phase plan to welcome back student athletes for practice over the summer. The first phase will require any workout to be outdoors, athletes to work out in groups of ten and participants to keep six feet of distance at all times.
Other steps to be taken during phase one include:
- Symptom screening of COVID-19 for all players and coaches before practice
- Face coverings required unless running or swimming
- No locker room access
- All participants must enter and exit through the same location each day
- All areas will be sanitized by coaches before and after practices
As long as public health conditions allow, the second phase will begin July 16. Guidelines for phase two include face coverings and groups no larger than ten allowed indoors, with groups of 50 allowed outdoors, as well as:
- Low-risk sports (running, weight lifting) practices and competitions may resume
- Modified practices can begin for moderate-risk sports (baseball, volleyball, basketball, soccer, hockey, girls lacrosse and 7x7 football)
The final phase will begin August 1 and follow the same guidelines as phase two, except:
- Groups of 50 participants are allowed both inside and outside
- Modified practices may begin for high-risk sports (football, wrestling, boys lacrosse, cheer and dance)
- When not directly participating in practices, six feet of distance should be kept between athletes
All workouts are voluntary for students and coaches. Any student that chooses to participate must sign a waiver. School district officials said the restrictions and requirements outlined could change at any time to support the health and safety of students and coaches.
More information on the phased introduction of Roaring Fork School District summer sports can be found here.